radon-home-sources

Greene’s Inc., the Intermountain region’s premier radon detection and mitigation expert, is teaming up with the Utah Department of Environmental Quality and Utah Safety Council to educate homeowners and landlords about the dangers of radon. Radon gas is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States, and occurs naturally when uranium in soil, rock, and water breaks down. The resulting gas seeps into buildings where it can be inhaled. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, lung cancer caused by radon claims nearly 20,000 lives every year.

“Lung cancer from radon gas is a huge problem most Americans don’t even think about while living in or buying their homes,” says Jeremy Worley, a certified radon mitigation expert at Greene’s Inc. “This terrible disease and the needless deaths that result from radon exposure can be almost entirely avoided with a simple test and, if needed, the installation of a radon mitigation system.”